Venue in Home

Shelby Maxie

18 Feb, 2016 06:05 PM

Hello,

I'm new and trying to find my way through setting up a class. I see that a few people have set their venue as their house. Is this allowed? I do not see anywhere in the information that states this.

1. 1 Posted by meggrave on 02 Oct, 2016 05:41 AM

Shelby,
    I have this same question. Have you received a reply?

2. 2 Posted by Jay Swoboda on 03 Oct, 2016 03:50 AM

Evening Shelby & Meg!

I'm sure we responded directly to Shelby back in February but posting a response here for all to see. The simple answer is YES as long as you have insurance for operating a business out of your home as an owner or renter (think Airbnb).

Teaching from home can be great option if you have a unique space, gourmet kitchen or perfect backyard/deck. However, we've found that because your private home address is not revealed on the site (only the closest intersection) until 24 hours before the class by email to registered students that some users are hesitant to register and we have data to show that teaching from your home can work for some teachers but historically classes tend to sell less than their counterparts in public locations.

Dabble is here to help you find the perfect venue if you are unable and we have over 1,600 public venues from free conference rooms to $100 per hour full kitchens.

Hope this helps!
    Jay @ Dabble

3. Dabble HQ closed this discussion on 17 Jan, 2017 09:26 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac